Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's Beginning to Feel like Christmas....

My weekly blog has suddenly become a bi-monthly experience! However, as I sit by my Christmas tree a couple of days before Dec. 25, I figure that this is as good a time as any to reflect on a wonderful first term in Flavelle House.
The boys of Flavelle ended the term quite well. One of our graduating students, Hamilton P. (who I have known since he arrived at Mac House in 2001), organized a Toy Drive for the school. It was a huge success, collecting 350 toys for children in the community who would otherwise not be receiving anything at Christmas. As Hamilton says, “I’m really proud we could get together and raise that many gifts for kids who will have a better Christmas because of what we’ve done." He should be proud!
Flavelle also celebrated Christmas by going out for a buffet dinner (is there any other kind with 60 boys?) and returning for our Secret Santa. It was a great way to end the term, watching their reactions, especially when the gift pushed the boundary! However, it was all in good fun and the boys had a wonderful time.
As I reflect, I couldn't be happier with all that has gone on in Flavelle. I have really enjoyed myself and I know my family has, too. The new year will bring some changes, as you might know. My wife Natascia and I are expecting our second child in early January. Hence, the next time you see me, I may be slightly sleep-deprived. But for my wife and I, our ultimate present this holiday season is the delivery of a healthy, happy baby girl. And even if I'm tired, I will most certainly be smiling!
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

No comments: